Port Forwarding On Archer C5400 Not Working. Reason: Connection Timed Out.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-08 07:19:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Our home recently got an Archer C5400 and my friends and I decided to make a Minecraft server. I've portforwarded before, thanks to portforward.com. I've followed the website's directions once more. I've set up a static IP. I've entered the port and the IP into my router, and made sure it was enabled. When I go to canyouseeme, it says that the port was not open, and the reason was the connection timed out.

So, I resorted to allowing the port through my computer firewall, using different static IP's. I just don't understand what's wrong?

I don't remember what router I had previously.

I just don't know what's wrong.
If you all need something else from me in order to solve the problem, just let me know.
I'm also a newbie when it comes to routers, so if I ask for clarification, don't get mad lmao.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding On Archer C5400 Not Working. Reason: Connection Timed Out.
2018-08-08 15:13:20
Is the internet/WAN IP on Archer C5400 the public IP address?

Make sure you can ping the port in internal network.

better to provide the device's ip address and port number which you want to open.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2043

Replies: 1