Archer C5400 Parental Controls don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 Parental Controls don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 Parental Controls don't work
2019-11-22 17:15:58

I also a big issue with Bedtime limits in this Firmware on the Archer C5400x where you are only allowed set to weekdays Mon - to Fri and weekend Sat Sun in the parental controls. People that have children want to set bedtime for Sun - Thurs or even pick the days they want as the next morning is a school morning so you don't  want your chridren on the internet late the night before school morning.This Bedtime limits and even the ime limts needs to be changed to changable daily Limits  not accross days as persumed weekday and Weekends.  Also while Im on it the Tether app has School nights  set to Sunday to Thursday but does not work as mismatch to the routes firmware of Mon to Fri ? etc. Has a case been put the the Dev team to address this ?

Options
2019-12-27 18:54:55 - last edited 2019-12-27 18:58:52

I have also found that the parental controls do not work on all programs. For instance, if the child is already connected and playing a Roblox game, the game will stay connected even though bedtime or time limits have been met. Youtube will stop playing, but not the game. 

Options
2020-10-06 22:22:02

@Humblejoy I love how TP-Link never got back with anyone with this. Have the same issue with the C2300.

Options
2020-10-07 00:38:47

@charlietango70 I figured they can't do anything about it, so they won't answer. I found that applications using a SSL connection, or a VPN, are not blocked even though Parental Controls are on. Roblox is one of those apps that makes a private connection with the gaming servers that cannot be seen by the controls.

Options
2020-11-13 04:56:39

I have an Archer A7 and while the router performance has been nice, the parental controls are pretty bad, especially setting restricted hours. If I had known they were this bad, I would have never bought a TP-Link router.

My last router was an Asus and this picture shows how the controls are set. Much more fine grained and easy to control than the Archer's limited Sun-Thur and Fri-Sat choices.

I will not be buying another TP-Link router because of this limitation.

Options
Related Articles