IP Cameras behind TP CR500 (bridge mode) + linksys smart router setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-01 18:10:21

Hi, I would like to connect to my IP cameras from the internet. My cameras are connected to a Linksys smart router. (Using a port forwarding setup). Today, I have a new ISP that requires me to use cable modem. I am using TP-CR500 (modem/router), in BRIDGE Mode, in front of my Linksys router. TP-CR500 does not give me the option for any setup when in bridge mode. Do I need to set up the port forwarding in the TP CR500 (in Router mode) first, and then change it to Bridge mode? Or, the TP-CR500 does not function in DHCP when in bridge mode, and does not require port forwarding? (I am able to see the cameras, when connected to the network wifi, but not from the internet)? thank you all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP Cameras behind TP CR500 (bridge mode) + linksys smart router setup
2019-02-01 23:08:30

@CR500 When the CR500 is in bridge mode the IP of the device will change to: 192.168.100.1

While in bridge mode, the TP-Link device does not do any packet filtering (firewall) so the only device that port forwarding would be needed is your Linksys router. To verify that the TP-Link device is passing the connection correctly, look at the WAN IP address of your router, it should not be a private address but a public address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 1

Related Articles