VPN dropping constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN dropping constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN dropping constantly
VPN dropping constantly
2019-02-03 00:00:10

I just got the m5 and it constantly drops my vpn connection on my computer. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have them set up as AP right now if that matters. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN dropping constantly
2019-02-04 18:59:00

@Shiek 

If the Deco is in AP mode, it sound like it is only working as a VPN passthrough.  If that is the case then the drop likely is happening on either the router or the endpoint device.  We would recommend checking the logs on your device and the router and see what they say about the VPN connection.  This should help isolate the issue.  The drops could be on the Deco if the WiFi connection is dropping but the logs should also tell you something about that as well. 

Options
Re:VPN dropping constantly
2021-08-06 05:50:12
I noticed that I have the same problem. So I started looking at everything in my home network. Strangely when I start up my VPN (IPvanish) on my laptop, the power drops on my TPLINK router. That causes things to happen like my Amazon Fire TV Stick starts BUFFERING like crazy sometimes dropping the internet connection. At the same time my internet connection slows to a crawl and the VPN drops connection. Now, when I turn off the VPN and clear my errors on my laptop using "Jet Clean" and also "Glary Utilities" the power on my TPLINK router returns to normal 5 bar output. I have not figured this all out yet, but I can duplicate the problem EVERY time I start the VPN. I have to go through the same routine to get the power back on the TPLINK router. Is this weird (more weird than Austin) or what?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3271

Replies: 2