Wifi speed dropped significantly overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-07 00:56:03
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just got wr802n a couple weeks ago and everything has been going smoothly. I am using it in Hotspot mode connecting to xfinity public wifi and creating my own network.Though, I woke up yesterday to no devices connected to the router though I can see it on my list of available routers. I select it on my phone and it won't connect. So I unlpug the unit and plug it in and presto bake online. All Google devices instantly sync up as well as phone. Then I get home and again all units are offline. I try again what I had done earlier with no success. I finally get on and I see that I can't really do anything online. Quick speed test... Half a megabit speed.. No good. I try to "manage router" and it directs me to xfinity secure screen though I have all the apps and appropriate log ins.. I reconnect it to xfinity using said logins and still same speed. I reset the router and put back all appropriate info and logged back into xfinity to get same speeds. What could have happened? I have logged into  finitty directly without the tp link and I get 25 megabit and with it I'm getting 0.5- 1.5.. It was working perfectly before yesterday morning getting those 20-30 speeds. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi speed dropped significantly overnight
2019-04-08 18:54:15

@Jaydudz 

If no major factors changed since working, the two best things to start with is to verify that the firmware is up to date, and also defaulting the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 1

Related Articles