Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Wired Connection Not Working after New Router Installed
2020-07-10 18:48:05

@JDowns same issue, can someone help with the steps to mitigate the issue ?

Options
2020-08-21 17:35:15 - last edited 2020-08-21 17:38:26

@wes012 It happened again for both connected pcs (a lenovo and hp, and a hp printer).  While working, the ethernet connection just dropped.  WiFi is fine.  There are no VLANs (which sucks for security) and I even turned off access control.  The Archer A7 ethernet switch clearly stinks...  is there a fix for this?  And yes, I can use Wifi, but why should when I am 3 feet from the router.

Again, three pretty lights show good links, but no "wired connections" in the router's management UI.  Let me be clear, they were all working and then quit at the same time... The odds that three patch cables and 3 nics on three devices failing at the same time is a little high.  Can we use Okam's razor and come up w/ fix for your ethernet switch on the router?

Options
2020-10-02 14:01:36

@JDowns 

Having the same problem. Just purchased the AX1800 netgear router 2 weeks ago. It was working great. The LAN stopped working this morning. No reason. Lights are on. I have restarted the router. Moved wires. Nothing works. Any solutions?

Options
2020-10-02 15:57:23

@mikey13b Yes after researching a lot I found out that my ethernet cable had an issue. So I cut off one end of the cable and attached a new rj45 clip by using a toolkit for ethernet cable. This solved my issue and my ethernet cable has been working perfectly at full speed ever since. If u want to do the same then watch a video on youtube on how to attach a rj45 connector to your cable but to do this u will need to buy the tool required to do this, more detailed information can be found in the video u watch. This is what solved my issue.

Options
2020-12-10 19:26:22

@JDowns 

I just installed my router.  I am having the exact same problems.  Both devices show a network connection (link light on the NIC and the router).  No wired connections.  Tried a new cable, same issue.  Works immediately if i hook my netgear router back up.

My connection is a security camera NIC.  Testing firmware updates now.

Very strange!!

Options
2020-12-23 16:19:43

@msgood I am having the same issue.  Archer A7 not recognizing my security camera wired network video recorder.  Very frustrated.  I thought I upgraded with this router.

Options
2021-12-22 06:46:44

@JDowns Has anyone ever found solution? I previously was running a netgear router no problems and today I installed a AX4400 Wi-Fi 6 Router after my netgear decided to go black. Only certain devices show up as connected on Ethernet. For example my Tp link deco shows connected but I run an Ethernet cable to my Helium Miner and it wont show up at all. Nothing. Tried different cables. Tried moving ports. Tried disabling vlan and access control. My other device not showing up is an ubiquity access point that I use to beam internet to my barn and nothing at all! This is really pissing me off because I am loosing money on my Helium Miners as we speak. Please help!

Options