Router Suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Suggestions
Router Suggestions
2019-09-27 12:25:17 - last edited 2019-09-27 12:26:34
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been having terrible problems with my modem/router combination (made by Linksys and was purchased about 1 and a half years ago). It appears that lately every day the wifi part will go down, and I need to unplug and plug the modem back in to get the wifi back.  Everything that is hardwired seems to work just fine.  I'm looking at switching routers. I will keep the modem/router combination for use as a modem, but I want a separate router.  I'm looking right now at the Archer c7 and the Archer A9, and would like your thoughts. 

I have the following equipment that hooks to the internet.

5 Smart phones

2 Roku's

2 Laptop computers (one is hard wired)

1 Xbox One

Would either of these routers work for my needs or would you guys suggest a different one? 

I see that the C7 says you can connect up to 50 devices, but the A9 which is Mu-MIMO says it works great for 3 devices.  Funny thing is the C7 is cheaper.  Am I reading that informaiton wrong? 

What are your thoughts on what will work for my situation? 

Fred

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Suggestions
2019-09-27 14:35:03

@HuskyLogic 

Don't know what you had before, but the A9 is probably more expensive as the 2.4Ghz band can be faster if you had the 600Mbps hardware. 5Ghz MU-MIMO support on the A9 also if you had that h/w also.

I'm sure that the A9 can handle more than 3 devices. Possibly you read about 3 times faster due to MU-MIMO? Probably the same limit as most other routers, and some have SSID limits, but your device count is low enough I wouldn't worry about that.

Options
Re:Router Suggestions
2019-09-27 14:50:50

Thanks What I have now is a Linksys Modem/Router combination. Before that I've had many linksys or Netgear routers.  All of them are around the same price as the TP-Link, but the quality could have been lower. I'm not sure. I will check out the A9

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 2

Related Articles