Archer T2U Nano recognized as Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi on MacOS Catalina

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-01 05:24:22
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I bought the T2U Nano for making a hotspot on my Macbook on MacOS Catalina from Internal Wi-Fi to the T2U Nano but MacOS recognizes it as Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi adapter. 

I can not do it other way round (from T2U Nano to Internal Wi-Fi) cause there is mac filter on the network am connected and my internal Mac address is already added.

Does anyone have same issue? Can I change the mac address on it

Thanks in advance.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Nano recognized as Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi on MacOS Catalina
2019-12-02 19:54:27

@timbatec 

MAC OS 10.15 is still in Beta but here is the driver.  https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191122/TP-Link_Installer_Mac%2010.15_Beta.zip We would recomend installing the driver and see if that correct how MAC reconizes the adapter .

Options
2019-12-03 01:26:37

@Carl 

hello, 

thanks for reaching out!

in fact, I did download drivers from there. I have this issue with those drivers running on latest version of MacOS Catalina (10.15.1)

Options
2019-12-05 19:12:12

@chris1111 

Chris,  however the drivers for our adapters are still in beta.  That is what i was referring to. 

Options
2020-04-16 21:17:11

Hi @Carl 

I also have a Archer T2U Nano and it is not working for Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. Drivers have been in Beta for long time. Is there any expeted time to release functional drivers?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Options
2020-04-17 18:39:17

@Tom87 

Not that I have heard of though truthfully we don't know about new drivers and fimrware until they are released.  I do weekly updated to the website every friday, provided I am not on PTO.  Updates for today were just uploaded.  We do not have any new drivers.  You can check with the chipset maker to see if they have one.  What we do typically is modify an official driver from the chipset maker.   For this adapter the chipset is RTL8811AU

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2686

Replies: 5