Deco P7 causes frequent disconnects especially after temporarily changing parental bedtime settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P7 causes frequent disconnects especially after temporarily changing parental bedtime settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-23 04:08:48
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Frequently (a couple of times a day), my Windows 10 machine reports that it can't connect due to a name resolution failure and after running the network troubleshooter, it fixes the problem by resetting the access point (don't have the message in front of me).

I use the parental controls for bedtime (mine, not my kids) and occasionally have to temporarily shut off the bedtime restriction. When I do that, I often have to go through the troubleshooter 4 or 5 times in a row. Each time it would fix it and then run into the problem again.

Although this Win 10 laptop runs into the problem more frequently. I also run into similar connection problems on my other Win 10 laptop, an Ipad and an iPhone. Didn't have these problems before I installed the Deco P7.

I have three Deco P7's and have the latest firmware 1.3.1.

I like the Deco P7 but this disconnection problem is getting annoying.

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P7 causes frequent disconnects especially after temporarily changing parental bedtime settings
2019-12-31 01:31:53

@JAG66 

Are the Decos in AP or Router mode?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 1

Related Articles