Connect to out building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect to out building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connect to out building
Connect to out building
2019-12-24 04:32:04
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi- I have a tplink router that works fine in the house but I need to connect to a metal outbuilding that is about 200 feet away. I figure I can setup an access point from main house to get the signal to the out building but what do I connect in the out building so it communicates with the access point? My  question is very similar to another question but he had a cable to the out building. I dont have that cable and can't run one so need to do this wirelessly. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connect to out building
2019-12-31 01:58:12

@garryf 

Look at the EAP225-Outdoor.  This is an omni-dirrectional AP that should be able to help you.  200 feet away you may need 2 of them and enable the mesh feature.  

Options
2020-01-06 18:51:05

@garryf  I wonder if you and I have the same question. 

I am using an EAP225 outdoor AP on my house to provide signal to my outbuilding.  It works, but the signal inside the building is rather weak.  I'd love to put something on the outside of the building to 'catch' the signal from the AP on the house, then use a wire to 'rebroadcast' the signal inside the building.  I'm guessing another EAP225 on the outbuilding, but then not sure what I need on the inside...

Options
2020-05-08 13:55:05
How far did the EAP225 reach to your outbuilding? I have an outdoor device I'd like to monitor at the farm. I have wifi in my metal building. I can mount an EAP225 to the outside of that building. The device is 300' from the building. Wondering if the signal will reach. Doesn't need to be fast, just connected. Thanks!
Options
2020-05-08 16:57:19

@eric5899 I'd say it's about 150'  Works most of the time.  I think it depends on what other devices (family walking around with their phones) are traversing the area.

Options