Ordered a TL-WR802N, came in the mail today, but the wifi pin seems purposely smudged out.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ordered a TL-WR802N, came in the mail today, but the wifi pin seems purposely smudged out.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-30 17:08:33
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: N/A

I ordered a TL-WR802N from Amazon, waited almost 2 weeks for it. It came in the mail today, and I open it up to see the Wireless Password (PIN) smudged out. Amazon said it was used, and in very good condition. So I suspected foul play from the seller. Anyways, I can't connect to it at all, so I can't change the PIN or anything, can someone please help?

Picture - 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ordered a TL-WR802N, came in the mail today, but the wifi pin seems purposely smudged out.
2019-12-31 18:57:49
Do a factory reset on the router and use admin for both the username and password. Then you should be able to set your WIFI pin/password.
Options
Re:Ordered a TL-WR802N, came in the mail today, but the wifi pin seems purposely smudged out.
2019-12-31 22:03:22

@Nazu 

To build off what @ArcherC8 said plug a computer into the router's ethernet port and access via tplinkwifi.net.  Use the admin/admin that Archer C8 mentioned and then run the quick setup.  

Options