Bought a TG3468 network adapter would not work after Windows 10 upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-25 16:33:11
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Drivers provided by TP-Link will not install.  "Windows encourterd a problem installing the drivers for your device."  I have followed the instructions to the last letter.  I have tried everything so far including starting without windows certificate inforcement.  I noticed that with the drivers comes a RealTek driver which is for the adapter installed on the MB on my computer and it quit working.  Is TP-Link and RealTek the same company?  There has to be a way around this error or this adapter should not be sold as Windows 10 compliant.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bought a TG3468 network adapter would not work after Windows 10 upgrade
2020-01-27 18:32:06

@rtpccs 

No RealTek is one of the chipset makers that TP-Link uses in our adapters, but we are not the same company.  The Driver for this adapter came out in 2018,  Windows has made several "enhancements" to Windows 10 since then, some of which have broke drivers for products.  One thing you can try to do is uninstall the adapter's driver and restart your PC.  See if the computer loads a default driver and if so test it.  If not you can try to see if RealTek has an updated driver, which will work with the adapter, but right now we do not have anything newer, so if its not working and there is not a chipset driver or default driver in Windows the card may now be incompatible.  If that is the case we can try and send information to our software team to see if there will be futher development for this product.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 1