Deco M9 Plus Schedule Times Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-22 22:39:45 - last edited 2021-12-27 11:33:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel 42025

Set up a new Deco M9 Plus without issues about 5 days ago. All is fine with one big exception:  the Deco isn't following the time control schedules set through parental controls. Specifically, it's pausing the internet at the wrong times. For example, a kid with a 10pm bedtime will get his internet paused at 5pm. 

It's had this issue since the beginning. I can restore access by deleting the profile or pausing/unpausing the profile. The pause/unpause isn't difficult but it's annoying as it happens everyday to every profile with bedtimes set. The clock seems to be right, at least in the software, as it records correct times when I do a speed test, when the virus blocker flags sites, and as profiles record activity. 

I've held off on deleting/reinstalling the app but that's about all I can think of that's left--and I can't see how that'll help given the clock is right. Hoping someone has solved this issue or has other ideas for troubleshooting. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Schedule Times Off
2020-03-22 23:05:17

@42K1D never mind. It wasn't until after I posted that I saw this is a common problem with the Decos. Kind of disappointed in how long it seems to have persisted. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus Schedule Times Off
2020-03-25 01:45:13

@42K1D See the thread at https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/199836. The issue appears to now be resolved. You can confirm by looking at the time settings in the web app. TP-Link made a change in their cloud servers which fixed it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 2