Reserving IP address for new device not found in drop-down list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-01 05:52:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Is there a way to create an address reservation for a device that has not yet joined the network? I have the MAC address of the device and know what IP I need to reserve but the Deco mobile app only appears to allow address reservations for devices already on the network (ie. found in the drop-down list). Ideally, I would want to configure the IP and MAC address manually. Thanks in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Reserving IP address for new device not found in drop-down list
2020-04-01 21:08:50

@jimacarr 

With the Deco app the device needs to have been connected, you are not able to reserve beforehand.

Options
2021-04-06 12:47:57

@Tony 

Could this be added to the functionality? I am using a TP-LINK Wifi Extender (RE450), and devices connected to that extender do get an IP address from the Deco System, however they do not show in de client list for whatever reason. Therefore I am not able to select it and give it an assigned IP address.

Since the Deco system does offer an ipaddress to the client behind the RE450, it would make sense to allow for creation of device not visible in the deco app.. 

Options
2021-12-02 00:04:47
I have not been able to figure out how to assign an IP address to a MAC address without it being attached. This is very poor user interface and my X60's are going back to the store before I am stuck with them.
Options
2021-12-03 06:22:05

@Poletip 

Hi, did you set up a static IP address on this device?

If yes, there is no need to reserve this IP for it again.

Or actually, you want to open ports for this device, and address reservation is just the first step?

And if that is the case, maybe this link will provide some suggestions:Workaround - Forward port to missing device

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1301

Replies: 4

Related Articles