AC 5400 Wireless connection & other issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 07:42:20 - last edited 2020-04-02 07:44:07
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a C5400 a week ago.    I got it configured & operational with my desktop via a switch & cable.

My laptop won't connect to it via WiFi.   I've entered the SSiD & Password & set up the wireless connection on the laptop, but it wont connect.    The router doesn't appear in the list of available networks on the laptop.    Although it does appear in the list in Network Manager.

The laptop does still auto-connect to my other wireless router which is a fair distance away

Also,

Since having the C5400 running, both the laptop (via cable) & less often the desktop, give me an error msg when I open Google Chrome. 

"Unsupported Browser".     "Please update your browser or use a different browser".     Have never had this prior to setting up & using the C5400.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
8 Reply
Re:AC 5400 Wireless connection & other issues
2020-04-02 21:38:58

@Bryan1 

If you get your smart phone, and go to Wi-Fi do you see the C5400 listed there?

Options
2020-04-02 21:59:06 - last edited 2020-04-02 23:34:30

@Tony Yes. My iPhone SE & my wife's Samsung 8 phones are both connected & working on wifi.     I've also just tried my other laptop.   It "sees" the new network & connects no problem.           Twifi connection issue with the initial laptop seems to be an issue with the laptop.        But the issue of "Unsupported Browser" is happening on the desktop as well.   So clearly an issue coming from the router.

Options
2020-04-03 15:52:11

@Bryan1 

The unsupported browser doesn't stem from the router, usually from the browser itself.

Here is a google forum thread for example: https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B08vKiyX3Lugg/?hl=en-GB

For those devices that connect fine, if you visit the same site do you get the unsupported browser? If so, what site are you trying to access?

Options
2020-04-14 22:59:03

@Tony     Tony, I honestly have no idea what is causing the browser issue, but it only started happening immidiately after installing the AC5400. This is the ONLY thing that has changed within my home network.  No other hardware or software has been changed (by me) in any way for the past 3yrs & there have been no issues.

When I open Google Chrome 50% of the time it will open as normal & 50% it gives the unsupported browser response. This only happens on the initial opening window / tab.   If I leave that browser tab & open a 2nd tab, it initiates as normal with no issues. Opening any further tabs is as normal.  No issues.

When searching a business in Google Chrome & the responses give a link to a website, if I click on that link once the window starts the re-direction but then displays the unresponsive browser message.  I then click the BACK button, it takes me back to the page I was at.  I click the same link a 2nd time, the browser re-directs & this time it works with no issue.

I've also had the unresponsive browser response when I open the Google Chrome browser app on my iPhone as well.   And again, closing & re-opening the browser works.  This also has only happened since installing the AC5400.   

Considereing this "unresponsive browser" issue has only started since installing the AC5400, & also noting that it is happening on all devices connected to the network not just my PC, the AC5400 seems to be the common link causing the problem.

Noting that this is the only issue ive had since installing the AC5400.   In all other aspects it is performing perfectly.

Options
2020-04-15 20:33:38

@Bryan1 

Do you happen to have a list of the websites you commonly see this on? I can look into it to see what I can find.

Also, what is the firmware build your router is running and what is the hardware version? You can log into the router and look on the bottom of the screen, it should show it all there.

Options
2020-04-16 03:35:09

@Tony Tony.    Attached is a scr shot of a typical search.      If I was to click on the button "Website" under the business name is would start to re-direct the browser & then show the "unresponsive Browser" message.       I click the BACK button to come back to the initial search page.   Click the same WEBSITE button again & the browser goes to the business web site with no issues.

This happens with any such search.  There are no specific or regular web sites.

B

File:
Search.pdfDownload
Options
2020-04-17 17:07:57 - last edited 2020-04-20 17:16:29

@Bryan1 

Thank you for the information.

Move away from Chrome altogether. For your computers, use Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox, for your smart phone use the default web browser. Do you still get the same issues?

Also, what is the firmware build and hardware version your router is running?

Options
2020-04-18 12:49:11
Are you running the latest version of Chrome? If you google "Unsupported Browser Chrome" you will find many hits with many different sites. I suspect Chrome has tighten down some security breech and has caused the issue.
Options