Maybe I need to downgrade my router? Keeps rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 10:35:00
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 190827

I want to salvage my C4000, I can't get any wifi signals, USB sometimes not detected, etc....so I want it to do just simple NAT, I don't expect too much of it.

Unfortunately, sometimes after a restart, my C4000 won't stop restarting. I can't even go into the settings. 

So when it happens, upon turning on the router, one blue light on left keeps blinking, then it stops for a few sec then all blue lights turn on. 

And then one blue light on the left start to blinking again. It keeps doing that over and over.

After doing things like taking off the adaptor, waiting for few hours, pushing reset, etc. sometimes it works normally.

So, I am thinking maybe I need to downgrade the firmware, because it seems the restarting is because it tries to boot to firmware, no? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Maybe I need to downgrade my router? Keeps rebooting
2020-04-13 18:32:05

@DCT

What it looks like is happening is the router is not passing POST (Power ON Start Test).  If this happened shortly after installing a firmware update it is possible the update was corrupted.  We would recommend downloading the lastest Frimware from the website and doing a manual update.  Go to www.tp-link.com and search for Archer C4000.  click on support, choose your hardware version then click on Frimware.  The lastest version should be on  the top of the list. 

Aslo we saw your country code for this post is ID.  This community is mainly for US customers so there may be questions that are region specific that we can't answer.  In the future you may want to consider accessing our Global community at community.tp-link.com/en as they will be the best resource to maximize the assistance we can provide. 

Best Regards        

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 1