T4U Archer V2 connection issues (spotty/dropping)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-13 19:14:08 - last edited 2020-04-13 20:02:47
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to figure out the best driver/settings for this adapter. Connection keeps feezing, meaning that it goes full speed - then stops for 2-3 seconds - and comes back at a full speed. Really annoying. Also once on idle for a longer time, it still likes to turn off the wifi (I do have that box unchecked in Power management tab).

I tried three different drivers:

1. Win10 automatic installed one (seems to be with the latest date)

2. T4U V2 from TPlink Support page

3. Generic Realtek drivers v. 1030.25.0701.2017 for the chipset.

I had the worst results with Win10 drivers and little bit more stabiloity with other 2 options but it is still a lot to desire.

Based on some tweaks I was able to find online, I went ahead to advanced settings tab of the adapter in Device Manager and that's what I put it into:

AdaptivityPara = "0"

BeamCap = "BEAM Disable"

EnableAdaptivity = "Enable"

High Adhoc Mode = "Disable"

HLDiffForAdaptivity = "7"

L2HForAdaptivity = "F5"

LdpcCap = "VHT LDPC TX|RX"

Preferred Band = "3. 5G first"

QoS Support = "Support QoS"

StbcCap = "VHT STBC TX|RX"

USB SF Mode = "Disable"

USB Switch Mode = "Auto"

VHT 2.4G = "Disable"

VHT 2.4G IOT = "Disable"

Wifi Config = "Performance"

Wireless Mode = "IEEE 802.11ac"

It still drops connection for few seconds here and there, I'm running out of ideas and starting to think that this device/chipset is just faulty.

Options
4 Reply
Re:T4U Archer V2 connection issues (spotty/dropping)
2020-04-13 21:06:56

@Mac87 

The concern may actually be connected to the network enviroment. Are you using this on a desktop or a laptop?  If you are using it with a desktop is it in an encolsure?  Is the enclosure open back or closed back?  How far from the router are you?  How many neighbor networks does the adapter see?  What channel are you using for your wifi band?  

Options
2020-04-13 21:20:06 - last edited 2020-04-13 21:21:27

@Carl 

Thank you for response but it is definitely not a network environment. I use it on my personal desktop with USB extension so adapter is not hidden. Router is in living room, about 10 feet away. I'm also using wifi on my work laptop on the same desk at the same time with zero connection issues.

There are about 8 other networks showing up in the area but again - neither my laptop nor my phone using the same router has any problems whatsoever.

Options
2020-04-13 21:24:51

@Mac87 

You are correct in that instance network enviroment should not be a problem.  There is a chance though that interference from the laptop could be being created as the two devices are in close proximity.  espcially if they are operating on the same wireless band.  Though its a small chance at this the possiblity of EMI is still there.  One thing we can have you try is install the adapter on your laptop and see if you are experaincing the same issue.  If so this would point to a possible issue with the adapter.

Options
2020-04-14 00:54:20

@Carl 

Thanks, I'll give it a try for a whole day tomorrow and see if I have any issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11640

Replies: 4

Related Articles