T4U connection and driver issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 19:24:20
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer T4U(US)_V3_181023_Win

Hello,

I've bought an Archer T4U V3 around 6 month ago to use on my PC together with an Archer C6 Router. It has been working just great for the first 4 or so month on the 5HZ band, but then the connection started to be unstable.

When I tried to ping an external server as a test it would drop(time out) 1-2% packets in 10 of pinging. I tried to switch to the 2.4HZ but insted of randomly timing out some packets would ping at 2000-3000 ms instead of the regular 20-30 ms. 

I tried installing the the drivers for my model from the tp-link website, but it only made the situation worse. Now I can no longer connect to 5HZ band at all, the usb adapter just restarts when I try. I can sometimes connect to either my own 2.4HZ wifi in like 10 tries or an external xfinity public wifi, which is a little bit more stable but also resetarts the adapter sometimes. 

I have a laptop on the same table that my PC and it has built in wifi that works perfectly fine with either 2.4 ot 5HZ and does not drop packets. I also tried using the adapter with my laptop and it shows the similar behaviour that I had on my PC before the driver update(periodically either losees packets or ping goes very high). Furthermore, I tried pinging the same servers directly from the router with the built in feature and the ping is perfectly fine with no lost packets. 

Thus, I believe the problem is with the adapter/driver itself or maybe some settings I should tune and would really appreciate any suggestions.

Options
3 Reply
Re:T4U connection and driver issues
2020-07-10 20:19:44
Options
2020-07-11 00:07:37

@Tony 

Thank you for getting back to me! 

I uninstalled the previous driver and  installed the one from the zip file you shared. It initially did not let me use the setup.exe because it did not recognize me device, so I had to do a manual installation from the driver folder for my windows 10 64bit system.

The new driver solved the problem of not being able to connect to 5HZ networkds, but the connection is still unstable, the ping periodically jumps up or it drops packets. (see attached screenshot).

My laptop built in wifi that is stationed on the same table as my desktop does not show any problems with either 5hz or 2.4hz. I tried connection via the adapter on my laptop with default windows drivers and it still drop packets or gives high pings periodically. 

Are there any adapter or router settings I should try that might solve this problem?

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Options
2020-07-13 15:49:43

@dsamorodov 

The drivers should have resolved any connection issues, but in your situation, I would probably look at reaching out to support. They should be able to provide any further solutions or let you know if it is malfunctioned.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2060

Replies: 3

Related Articles