Can I Upgrade M9 Firmware Using This Tool/Method?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 16:28:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel. 42025

I've seen a number of similar posts about wondering when the M9 Plus decos will recognize & download/upgrade the current firmware to the latest one referenced on the website (1.2.13 Build 20200117 Rel. 50852).  Since this over-the-air upgrade hasn't happened yet, I'd like to know if anyone can confirm whether the following method will work:

I found other posts that linked to a downloadable firmware upgrade utility for the M9 Plus deco.

I downloaded the associated .zip file, and I have the Windows program named "upgrade_GDPR.exe", which is a command-line executable.

I also have a PDF that was included with instructions for performing the firmware upgrade across all decos (I've attached that PDF here for reference).

The utility was posted/provided originally to allow users to upgrade to a previous firmware version, so I've simply downloaded the latest 1.2.13 firmware build and am planning to replace the install commands using the new firmware .bin file.

So, my question is whether anyone has performed the firmware upgrade using this utility/method, and whether it should work fine with the latest firmware.

Can anyone confirm?  I'm happy to also re-post/share the "upgrade_GDPR.exe" file as well if anyone would like it.  I'm not doing that now, as I don't know that I'm allowed to upload a .exe or a .zip file here.

Thanks!

Andrew

File:
upgrade instruction.pdfDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I Upgrade M9 Firmware Using This Tool/Method?
2020-04-15 22:49:48

@aburhans 

Yes this method should work for now.  However we are working on the Deco M9 Plus to have a basic UI feature added soon.  This will give you access to logs, network maps and to do manual firmware updates.  While we don't have a confrimed date of this update it is reported to be soon.  

Options
Re:Can I Upgrade M9 Firmware Using This Tool/Method?
2020-04-15 23:58:50

@Carl Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 2

Related Articles