TP-Link AC1300 PCI device disappearing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 16:49:47

I have been using this card for about 6 weeks.

It had been working well for me, working as well as my laptop.   Now it regularly,  every couple minutes it losses its internet connect.. I can put my laptop right next to it and use it all day with out losing connection, my phone also has no issue using the wi-fi from same spot as my desktop.  

I also get issues where it not only does the connection cut out, it also loses the device ..  I get a message that the connection tool cant find the device, I didnt capture the exact error message, however from the TP-Link tool where you select the internent connection nothing shows up and a  message that  asks me to install a wireless device.   With in a few minutes this self corrects and I can connect again.. at least for a few minutes. 

Any advice on what could be causing these issues, and is there a way to correct it.   Or is it broken after only 6 weeks?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1300 PCI device disappearing
2020-04-24 17:33:33

@Wummpus 

If you happen to have another PCIe slot on the computer move it over to see if the issue follows the adapter. Make sure to reinstall the drivers on the network card if not done so already.

If the card continues to disappear if moved to a different PCIe slot or computer the component may be failing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 1