Deco M5 - best setup with EAP110

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-04 08:33:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I have a Deco M5 mesh setup with 3 Deco´s, and have purchased 2 EAP 110 outdoor AP´s. 

What is the best setup? I want to place one at each side of the house.

Should the EAP110 wifi be named the same as my M5 or M5 -outdoor 1 & outdoor 2? 

Best regards

Anders Simonsen

Denmark

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - best setup with EAP110
2020-05-04 22:02:17

@Diernis 

The EAP110's cannot be linked into the Deco Network.  They can be linked together through the EAP controller but it would be a seperate network.  Instead you would likely want to just get more Decos, you can have up to 10 in one network.  

Also this community is actually designed for US customers.  For Customers outside the US we strongly suggest using our Global Community https://community.tp-link.com/en.  By far they will be able to provide you with more region specific support.  The best we can do is give generalized suggestions

Options
2020-05-05 06:18:06

@Carl 

Thank you for the answer. 

I am aware that I can add more Deco´s, but I want an outdoor installation and as far as I know, the Deco´s are not suitable for that.

Best regards

Anders

Options
2020-05-05 16:05:27

@Diernis 

The EAP110-outdoors can be hooked to the Decos via a ethernet cable but they would only use the network's subnet,  they could not be "added" to the Deco's Mesh.  You could name the network SSID the same as the Deco, Though doing so would create a seperate AP node which could disrupt the Mesh enviroment.  A Deco placed on the edge of a home does have the ability to tranmit a limited range outdoors but yes an Outdoor AP will be superior to that.  

Hope that helps

Options
2021-01-09 06:34:07
TP-Link have any plans for Mesh Outdoor AP?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2210

Replies: 4