All lights on router (Archer c9 v5) illuminate before crashing and restarting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-29 20:50:56
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Every once in awhile, sometimes a couple of days apart, sometimes only hours apart, the router will crash, and all the lights, including the USB lights (nothing in ports), will illuminate, and then it will go dark and start up normally. I cannot figure out why this is happening. I have tried to look at the logs but there is nothing there but the led debugs. I have tried a couple of things, like restricting the 2.4Ghz channels to just 6 and 20mhz band (most major change). Nothing has helped. Just before writing this post, I disabled NAT Boost and enabled DoS protection to see if that might be the cause. I have a 100Mbit connection, of which I get the full 100% (using ethernet) as tested by downloading large files). This did not happen in my old house but happens here. Here, I have had to use a moca adapter to connect be able to connect my router to the Verison box across floors. I was wondering if anyone could help me? I hope it is not the moca because I cannot move my router due to a dependence on ethernet.

Options
3 Reply
Re:All lights on router (Archer c9 v5) illuminate before crashing and restarting.
2020-06-01 18:43:25

@PseudonymPatel 

Look at the sticker label of the router, then look at the power adapter being used as both should match. I believe the Archer C9 V5 should be receiving 12V 3.3A.

If the power supply is good, move the power adapter to a different plug outlet.

Options
Re:All lights on router (Archer c9 v5) illuminate before crashing and restarting.
2020-06-01 19:49:25

@Tony Attached is the picture of the router's power supply. This is the one that came with the device. https://imgur.com/pZagir3

It seems like it is a 2.5A power supply. This is not what it is supposed to be, but it is what we have gotten in the box. It seems to only be a problem now because of the increased usage of our internet, including two extra ethernet devices and many more Zooms putting more strain on the system. I do not think it is the power strip because the power strip is dedicated to crucial devices that do not draw too much power. 

Is there a way I could get a new power supply from Tp-link sent to me? That would be very helpful as I received the wrong one in the box.

Options
2020-06-02 15:02:03

@PseudonymPatel 

You will need to get a hold of your local TP-Link support team. They will be able to assist you from there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 979

Replies: 3