Range extender resetting multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 17:56:03
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

Can someone help me with this issue. My range extender resets itself multiple times a day. I'll be connected fine, and then all of a sudden I'll get kicked off of my work's VPN and I'll notice that the wifi network I'm on is reset to the default one when I got the router. I have to go through the activation wizard to reset the network id and password and then it will work for another few hours. 

It's just this week that this has been happening multiple times a day. Other than this week, it has happened 3 times (or so) in the past 5 weeks.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Range extender resetting multiple times a day
2020-06-04 20:10:00

@JackieG12345 

Are you able to ping the device when the Wi-Fi goes out or does it look like it completely reboots?

I wonder if the power may be going out to the device.

Options
2020-06-04 20:12:48

@Tony 

im not sure what that means sorry.

basically what happens is that the network I created no longer exists and then the default network "tplink2.4g" or something like that, appears. Nothing happened with my main network that The range extender is connected to. Does that explain things? 

Options
2020-06-05 23:19:11

@JackieG12345 

I would recommend contacting out SMB support to see if it may be firmware related or the device itself is malfunctioned.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 985

Replies: 3

Related Articles