Internet WiFi speed drop after a week of Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 22:47:49
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have had the deco P9 system now for about a week. Installation and set up went just fine. During the first five days after set up I was getting consistently in the 50 to 80mps range anywhere in the house WiFi via fast.com.  I was getting 90-100 on my desktop through Ethernet cord.  Now for the last couple days I'm getting 20-23 mps on any device via WiFi and still 90-100 on the desktop.  I've tried when only one device is on wifi (mine) standing next to each deco device and no change at all. I've tried other devices, same speed.  Why is my WiFi speed now dropped with my internet speed the same?  

Also, my mane deco device (hooked to the modem via Ethernet) showing up on my list of devices hooked to my WiFi?  That would be the last device (confirmed via serial number) of the three I would expect to see on the WiFi.  I'd understand if one of the other two showed up because it was using one of the WiFi streams for the backhaul (although with the p9 that's supposed to happen through PowerLine).  What's up w that?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet WiFi speed drop after a week of Deco
2020-06-11 17:27:50

@Jdoc 

Swap out the main Deco with one of the slave Deco units, then test the speeds again. 

Power down the slave units, and focus on the main unit to test the speeds. If speeds are still slow reboot the units, test, if still slow default it to see if the speeds come back.

Options
Re:Internet WiFi speed drop after a week of Deco
2020-06-12 06:11:01

@Tony 

thanks for the suggestions.  I was finally able to get it to work, but it required a complete reset of everything.  It's the first day after getting it to work, so I don't know if it'll last but for now I have 110mps near each of my three deco p9 devices and at least 60 in between them.  I get 110mps via ethernet cord direct from the modem for reference.

I tried removing devices from the network, switching the main deco connected to the modem, removing and adding devices, and many other things.  Nothing worked.

What worked was deleting the entire deco wifi network in the app and starting set-up from scratch.  Then, before starting the set-up of a new network I set each device one by one to factor default.  You have to plug them in, wait for the solid yellow led to pass (that's the booting up color), then when it's flashing blue or red or solid white push in the reset button on the bottom with a paperclip for about a second or two.  Wait for the device to flash yellow, go solid yellow, then flash blue.  Let it flash for a bit then unplug it for two minutes.  Plug it back in, wait for solid yellow to turn to flashing blue, wait another couple minutes, then hit the reset button again and wait again for flashing blue.  Then unplug it again and go to the app and follow instructions for setting up the network from scratch.  This all takes a significant amount of time (particularly resetting the devices to factory), but it does work (at least for now).

Hope that helps someone else.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 2