Deco cannot see wired devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-19 15:11:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.6

I have just installed three deco m5s in my house. One is connected directly to my modem. It is also wired to my home server. I cannot see the home server in the deco app. This means I am unable to forward ports to the server and use it as i did before the deco untils were installed. Do I need to enable something to see wired devices?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco cannot see wired devices
2020-06-19 22:55:47

@davidg123 

Set your server to work in DHCP rather than Static, then reserve the IP in the Deco app. Then see if the server shows up when trying to create a port forwarding rule.

Options
2022-02-21 21:48:43

@Tony 

I have 20+ wired devices under Deco x20 using switches. I was hard to put all 20 plus devices in a single switch so there is a cascade or link and nod connection in them. Most of the wired devices are found but one NVR with static local IP is not seen. Interestingly 16 ip cameras connected to it are all seen and moreover it is seen in all devices and streams video footages but Deco app doesn't show it. 

Options
2022-02-22 02:36:23

@John.Jay.Hong 

Hi, when you set up a static IP address on NVR, have you also configured the DNS server as well as the gateway?

Since you have already configured the static IP on the NVR, do you need to set up other settings on the NVR(such as port forwarding)but it turned out NVR is not on the client list?

If switching NVR back to getting IP address automatically, will it show up on the online list?

Thank you very much.

Options