Router not connecting to access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 13:46:14
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Disclosure: I am a home network novice, I know enough to be dangerous. Pardons for lack of information or clarity.

I am in need of getting a workshop that is disconnected from the main building (about 200 feet) connected to the internet. The main network is running off of a Netgear X6S AC 4000 R8000P that has a TP-LINK CPE510 acting as a transmitter and an additional TP-LINK CPE 510 set as an Access Point. I am attempting to connect a Netgear AC1750 R6400 v2 to the LAN coming off of the Access Point. 

When I connect my laptop to the Access Point LAN, I have a perfect signal, no degradation and speed test shows little loss in internet speeds. When I connect the R6400 v2 to the Access Point LAN, the router says it has no Internet Access. When I test the same router with a direct connection to the base internet, it runs. I am sure I am missing something (probably obvious) but could really use some guidance. Or resources to turn to, i have gone through a few posts on here already but nothing I have tried has worked thus far.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router not connecting to access point
2020-06-23 17:36:21

@drazphreak 

I would probably follow up with the router manufacturer as the router may need some additional configuration.

What I can probably think of off the top of my head is to make sure the router WAN port is set to dynamically grab and IP, exactly how your computer is set to do. The other would be to change the DNS servers to something else like Googles: 8.8.8.8

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 821

Replies: 1

Related Articles