Router vs Access Point and connecting by Ethernet M4r ac1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-27 18:41:02

I let the system set its self up and several things are not the best.

We have  a T-Mobale router, switch, three M4 connected by copper.  One is "router" and the others are "access points".  I think I should force all three as access points. (?)

Two M4s are connected via Ethernet but they will not talk on copper choosing to connect via wireless.  How to force them to use copper?

There are no neighbors.  The 2.5gH band is free, but I have a second network. The "optimize" function put the frequency on top of another network.  How do I force the channel used for the radios?

Thanks RonS.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router vs Access Point and connecting by Ethernet M4r ac1200
2022-01-28 14:10:53

@ronsimpson 

T-Mobale router-------switch-------3 Deco M4r       

Note: -------means Ethernet cable(RJ45 cable)

If your network topology is like above, it's okay to change operation mode of deco to access point mode. 

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

For your second question, if the Ethernet backhaul does not work between two Deco M4r, you may refer to below article to troubleshoot:

[Troubleshooting] Ethernet/PLC Backhaul not active

If the problem cannot be solved, please tell me which case you belong to and what troubleshooting steps you have taken.

For your last question, do you mean that optimize function always optimize 2.4G which is free, but not 5G network? And you want 5G network is the one radio that can be optimized right?

If I didn't understand your question very well, would you please give me more explanation or provide me screenshot of "optimize" function on your deco app? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles