RE220 Not Allowing Mac to Access Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 18:56:19
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello - I was able to get my RE220 connected to my Xfinity/Comcast router and while my phones (iOS and Android) will connect to the extender and access the internet, my Mac will connect (and shows as connected in the Tether app, I have no internet connection. My Mac will connect to the router's wifi fine and can access the internet. Configuration is as follows:

• Router SSID is unique (ROSC19)
  • Extender SSID is unique (ROSC19_EXT)
  • Extender is in High Speed Mode (Router>Extender 5Ghz, Extender>Clients 2.4Ghz) - Note: Same problem exists when NOT in HSM and attempting to connect to either 2.4G or 5G SSIDs ROSC19_EXT and ROSC_EXT5G respectively.
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5  

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE220 Not Allowing Mac to Access Internet
2020-07-20 20:51:49

@Julio393 

If you have any mac address reservation in the main router remove that. The Mac will have a different MAC address when connecting through the extender.

Make sure the Mac is running DHCP and doesn' t have anything statically configured. If you already are running DHCP, manually configure the DNS server to Googles, for example, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 1