Deco M5 DHCP not assigning IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 DHCP not assigning IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Deco M5 DHCP not assigning IP addresses
2021-02-11 14:43:06
I tried all possible solutions, the workaround I think was OK, but not suitable to my needs. I ended up returning the Deco kit and got an Amazon eero with 3 routers, which I've been quite pleased with. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMLPSRL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Options
2021-11-30 16:25:00

@jhbass worked for me. Wondering if resetting the DNS fixed the issue or just reset the IP reservations table (or whatever is filling up and causing new devices to receive the error). Time will tell. Thanks to all for sharing your insights. 

Options
2021-11-30 16:31:02

@K00ka 

DNS seemed to do the trick for me but the issue that crops up from time to time is that if the main Deco is rebooted it will disregard the IP range that I previously specified (10.0.0.x) and roll back to 192.168.1.x. which requires me to change it back in the settings, this happens almost every time. 
:/

Options
2021-12-01 05:55:22

@jhbass 

HI, it seemed more like there was an IP conflict in your network.

There are two typical situations:

1. a local device has been configured as a WAN DNS server, such as raspberry Pi-Hole.

2.  WAN IP+ subnet mask has covered the IP range of LAN DHCP.

If you do not mind, you could send a picture of your IPv4 settings under Deco App>More>advanced, and a picture of the LAN settings to support.forum@tp-link.com.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-01 10:11:52

@TP-Link There are only a few devices with static IPs, everything else is DHCP. The only thing that I do to resolve it is to specify the local IP range in the Deco app. Once I do that everything is back to normal. 

Options
2021-12-01 13:41:44

@jhbass I gave up long ago, after trying everything. Maybe a more recent firmware upgrade has solved the issue. I moved on to an Eero system, and have been pretty happy with it.

Options
2022-01-21 19:26:16

@regisk Sorry for the dump

But i kind of having the same but in router mode, I have 2 dhcp with diffrent network setups, but also 2 nics in the NAS.

Did work for weeks for sudden not working even if i set a static deco address, second nic will not come alive for the deco.

But I can access the nas on the other nic from on dhcp address, from pc that got deco dhcp address.

I cannot even setting a static addres from deco access nas. It did work for months.

so strange.

Options