Do Deco M5 assign DHCP addresses through ethernet port(s)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 17:47:50 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:40:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel 43499

Can the DCHP tool in my Deco M5 also assign IP addresses from the pool to external devices connected an Ethernet cable if the external devices have their DHCP client enabled?  If so, will an external device appear in the clients shown connected to a particular Deco (we use 3 Deco devices in our network).  If the External Devices will appear with an IP address from the DHCP pool, will I be able to see and assign them an address reservation in the Advanced Features?

Wanted to ask before I begin tinkering.  Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do Deco M5 assign DHCP addresses through ethernet port(s)?-Solution
2022-04-14 06:53:26 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:40:39

@UP_Dude 

Based on the layout: ISP---<cable>---Deco M5(main router)---<cable>external server with its own DHCP----its DHCP clients,

So basically, you have the following question:

Would M5 assign an IP address to this external server?

---Yes, and it will also show up on the "clients list" of Deco APP and you could configure address reservation for this server on Deco APP.

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do Deco M5 assign DHCP addresses through ethernet port(s)?-Solution
2022-04-14 06:53:26 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:40:39

@UP_Dude 

Based on the layout: ISP---<cable>---Deco M5(main router)---<cable>external server with its own DHCP----its DHCP clients,

So basically, you have the following question:

Would M5 assign an IP address to this external server?

---Yes, and it will also show up on the "clients list" of Deco APP and you could configure address reservation for this server on Deco APP.

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles