OpenVPN Setup for AC1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OpenVPN Setup for AC1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Setup for AC1750
2020-08-01 21:29:16
Hi @ArcherC8, See my response to @Tony below. Thank you for you explanation. The third party VPN service I subscribe to is NordVPN IKE, which works well for the laptops & smartphones. It does slow the traffic into those devices, but it is effective. The main impetus for the router VPN, as I shared, is to secure the numerous devices that connect via WiFI to the router. The Nord VPN service does not allow more than 5 or 6, and even at that I am not certain how compatible it would be with streaming devices, WiFi printers, nanny cams, etc. Hence the pursuit of the router based VPN. If that makes sense.
Options
2020-08-03 21:12:16

@ed50 

You would not need to use the OpenVPN feature on the router, but the apps that NordVPN offers. 

You make a good point about securing devices that can not utilize the apps. In that case, you may want to search for routers that can utilize NordVPN. There should be various threads with recommendations.

Options
2020-10-23 23:06:39
Ed50, I thought if I was sitting at home, I could connect via vpn from iPad. I’m getting errors when trying to connect. If I’m following you, if I’m out and about, I could connect back to OpenVPN on the router? Car
Options
2020-10-23 23:14:12
@ed50 Are there instructions for iPad Pro? Unable to open dog files on the iPad. Carc
Options
Related Articles