Question about Video showing up on my Desktop or on TV monitor ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 00:09:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi ,

I wanted to ask a question that I am not  sure of ... I am myself , deaf, and live outside a city. It is about 20 minutes from city.  

I have a videophone that I use to make a telephone call to a hearing person through either on TV , or on Computer , or on Smartphone , etc...

it uses internet and I have a several products from some companies I signed up.  

The other day I was in basement and use the wifi I have of Deco X 20 AX1800 Superior Mesh Wifi, Everywhere I bought from Amazon...

So when I made a phone call and I had a sign language interpreter..  She was telling me that when she got my call on my Desktop. It took the interpreter a few minutes to get on.

to  view me . It is because she said it started out as a black screen and then it would start show up in a few minutes before the interpreter can see me....

My question is why does it do that to take it a while for it to have the black screen disappear ?  It should have show up really quick ? I would like to get this to solve the problem,

P.S for those you don't know what is a videophone ?   Here is the link to it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8IjZUk7Gg

This is NOT me... just showing you what it is.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Question about Video showing up on my Desktop or on TV monitor ?
2020-07-24 16:12:06

@PROBERT2020 

If you were to go back into the basement how do other tasks perform? For example, playing a video on YouTube or Netflix, etc. Do you get delays or do those show fine?

What is the layout where your Deco units are? General distance?

If you look in your Deco app, tap on the globe icon, and select the Deco you are near, make sure you are connected to that unit. With the same smartphone perform a speed test to see how good of a connection you currently have there.

What is the model of the video phone?

Options
2020-07-25 15:21:06
Thank you. The Deco unit I put is sort of far from the room where I am working is about I think at least 50 feet long... From what I compare to the videophone on the first floor from the basement seems to be working better than the basement. The video seems to be choppy a little bit and delay a bit than normal... When I exercise I usually watch Hulu or others and it works fine since the Deco unit is nearby. It is right next to the TV. The model of the Video phone I use from Purple Communications is https://www.purplevrs.com/ I am using their https://www.purplevrs.com/solutions . I installed their app on my PC computer called P3 .
Options
2020-07-28 20:40:44

@PROBERT2020 

So it might just be an issue of distance. Are you able to bring the computer to the Deco or vice versa? If you are testing the video call, if it still appears choppy, connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to the Deco, make sure the Wi-Fi is not connected. How does that perform?

Options
2020-07-29 23:52:28

@Tony 

No, I  haven't tried connect with the ethernet....  I am thinking about moving that Deco to the room where I am working with my laptop in the basement.  Should I move it in the middle of the basement ?  What is the distance in between the Deco units ?

if I decide to buy an ethernet cable ,  what do you suggest for me to get it and  what kind of cable ?  

The laptop I have has a VPN that I connect to my Government agency and my question to you is does it slow down if I connect it to the VPN ?

Options
2020-07-30 17:57:06

@PROBERT2020 

When using a VPN connection that has the obvious security, but also the overhead needed to secure the connection so yes, that will hinder the connection. I have not worked with the software you have, but maybe that does not work well with the VPN connection as compared to video streaming?

I do not think you will need to buy an Ethernet cable, I would use the one that came with the Deco. However, you would want an Ethernet cable that is Cat 5e or greater.

Where you can place the Deco units depends on how the signal gets to it depending on the environment. Here is an article that gives tips on finding a suitable place: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1446/

Options
2020-08-05 03:01:24

@Tony 

Thank you. I think that make sense to me. I will try and move the Deco in the basement in the middle of it...  Think of this in my basement it is like rectangle... so I will move it in the middle then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 6