Archer AX3000 ssh/sftp?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX3000 ssh/sftp?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer AX3000 ssh/sftp?
Archer AX3000 ssh/sftp?
2020-08-07 18:40:00
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I see that port 22 of the router is open, but I cannot seem to find the right user/pass to ssh in?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 ssh/sftp?
2020-08-07 21:33:42

@eds60614 

Sounds like you are trying to access the router remotely using SSH.  Try this:

The crendentials will either be your TP-Link ID if attached or what ever you set as your admin credentials. 

Options
2020-08-07 22:12:02

Hi @Carl i appreciate the post, but I am not trying to access from outside my network, but rather from within my network.

Also, i noticed that my router binds to my static ip address and not 0.0.0.0 like yours.

Basically, is there a way to sftp/ssh/ftp/telnet to the router instead of the web interface?

Regards.

Options
2020-08-10 19:09:56

@eds60614 

Hi Ed,  The 0.0.0.0 was from the emulator so there was no internet connected when the team devleoped it.  that is the reason for the difference with the IP.  For alternative connections to the router, other than through the cloud via the Tether app or remote access via VPN server there is no way to access the Router. All of these access method do take you to the UI as well. 

You can use FTP to access USB shares though. 

Options
2021-01-11 22:48:40

@eds60614 I've recentlly bought an Archer AX3000, did some scaning for open ports doing some network troubleshooting and found SSH port OPEN. Tried to conect and it prompts for username and password. Web credentials do not work.

I  found this link explaning the user of ssh from TP-Link apps

To help customers manage and configure the TP-Link device better, some TP-Link apps are published for mobile devices, such as Tether 2.0 app, Deco app, Tapo app, and tpCamera app, etc.

Note: In order to use the Tether 2.0 app, TP-Link wireless routers should have the firmware which supports SSH.

SSH (Security Shell) uses encryption to secure the connection between a client and a server. The TP-Link app adopts SSH service, so the products that can use the app also support SSH correspondingly. And TCP port 22 as the default port of SSH Service is set to be opened.

However, SSH Services on the TP-Link products are only available for TP-Link apps. Other SSH clients cannot access to TP-Link products or adjust their settings with command lines. So please rest assured that the SSH will never cause any safety issues on your device.

IMO tp-link shoud not leave SSH ON by default in our devices (put ON/OFF toggle) and if enabled, we should have access to that interface.

NOT COOL TP-LINK  frown

I'll investigate more and maybe even open a case to add that option. If I find something intresting I'll report back.

PD: Apologies for my english mistakes. 

Options
2021-01-31 03:52:35

@eds60614 

i just got a AX11000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Gaming Router and port 22/ssh is open and i cant get acces

i want to get acces to it

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5980

Replies: 5

Related Articles