"Planned" Verbiage Definition

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 21:06:34 - last edited 2020-08-28 20:33:29

I think its just best you get rid of this misleading verbiage and just show the products that actually support it today. You should do this on both WPA3 and OneMesh pages.

People are spending their hard earned money expecting features for the value of the price they pay. Once you say nope we decided to pull the plug well you just screwed them; expecially if its after the return window.

Planned defination means that you have "arranged" to have this feature on the product. One again, this implys that you intend to put it on the device.

I work in tech, if R&D can't figure out what device they are designining will actually be able to support a feature (usually due to hardware limitations)  then it sounds like you need a new R&D department. You design a product around features. 

Sounds like agile is being used in the worst possible way with no communication.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"Planned" Verbiage Definition-Solution
2020-08-27 14:45:07 - last edited 2020-08-28 20:33:29

@ArcherC8 I get it too as I still work in tech. But if a feature is perceved as promised to come it means it will come to the consumer and as soon as they purchase a product it becomes a contract. For a company to not offer a valid remediation for backing off on a promise is my biggest beef.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:"Planned" Verbiage Definition
2020-08-27 14:17:23
I agree with you that companies should not market product features that are not available. I worked in tech and had seen many times where products/software was sold with the promise of specific features. I have been on both sides. Many times it was done to "keep up with the competition". Management would ask "could it be done" and the tech staff says yes. Then when the project gets under way, they realize the time line and cost to get it done far out weighs the benefit, or the staff direction changed to some other product, feature, or function. I avoid products that promises something in the future. One, it may never happen, two, I do not want/need it, third, if I want it, it may not suit my needs or expectations, and last, it may drop or cause issues with another feature I use and need.
Options
Re:"Planned" Verbiage Definition-Solution
2020-08-27 14:45:07 - last edited 2020-08-28 20:33:29

@ArcherC8 I get it too as I still work in tech. But if a feature is perceved as promised to come it means it will come to the consumer and as soon as they purchase a product it becomes a contract. For a company to not offer a valid remediation for backing off on a promise is my biggest beef.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-27 19:11:24 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:02:45
I wish the router (and others) companies would create a good solid product with a good mix of features without many different models that are basically the same except for a few tweaks. I guess they do it to make Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon and others happy so it is harder to shop prices. It would be easier and less costly to support and maintain fewer higher quality feature rich product lines.
Options
2020-08-28 07:38:44

@MKFlyers2K 

This is what are culture has adapted to,  show the bells and whistles and the amazing things you can do with it..  

Oh we have to get that out in the market before company X gets theres out!

Consumers are impulsive buyers.  They want to know nothing about how it got there, it is just I need this to make something work but does it?

I dont wan tot come home with a shiny product that i watched and read reviews on and then find I have all these hoops I have to do in order to make it work right.

Really if they want to complicate it then why am I not being paid to fix the product they sold me ehh...

Just something to ponder with..

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 556

Replies: 4

Related Articles