Archer T2U nano capping itself and unable to connect properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 11:28:06
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I bought this adapter as the Ethernet ports are quite far from my pc so thought this would be the best option, as I have virgin media 500mbps. I got it so I could connect to the 5ghz, however, the connection is dreadful. All the drivers have been installed and I've sat here for ages trying to find a fix. I have found something interesting in that when I look at the properties of the network I'm connecting to, it says for link speed (receive and transmit) is at 260mbps. But if I try to get a speed test online, it barely is able to search for a website before it cuts in and out again, and when I finally get to a speed test website, I get 0.42mbps-2mbps. On WiFi on my phone I get 250ish so I have no idea why the adapter is capping itself. 

At this point I'm thinking about just returning it and buying a 20 meter Ethernet cable 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T2U nano capping itself and unable to connect properly
2020-09-09 18:01:20

@MysterMime 

You want to make sure to try every single USB port available on the computer.

Check the link speed on the connection by going to the properties and status of the connection.

Do a speed test in safe mode to make sure no software is getting in the way.

If your wireless connection has a 2.4G and 5G, make sure they are not named the same.

Options