Oops!! Don't cahnge that setting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-10 17:24:49
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I made the mistake of changing the "access for all LAN connected devices" switch in the Advanced/System Tools/Administration control panel without thinking through all the ramifications (and setting up mac addresses for devices I wanted to have access. Needless to say you can't access the router's GUI after you do that.

I did a hard reset and then loaded a backup config file so I'm operational again.

In case anyone else (or me again) makes this mistake does anyone know of a way to access the Router's configuration other than through the GUI and reset that function?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Oops!! Don't cahnge that setting
2020-09-10 18:14:45
That sounds like something I would do. I do not know of or can think of a way to get into the router if it is not in the approved access list. It is as bad as forgetting the user ID and password. Another good reason to have backups. BTW, I am sure a lot of kids would like to know how also.
Options