TP LINK AX3000 Heats up a lot - super hot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-19 01:41:27
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought this router to have better support for multiple devices. To my surpise, it is very hot at the bottom form very first day and I doubt it will last longer. It looks really bad design and bad s/w causing the device to emit so much heat. As per the spec of this router, the temprature shall be less than 40degree C, but it seems to always more than 60+ degree C.

-->I tried few solutions but no help

A) Keeping it in fully ventilated area, on top of a small lego table, sothat the bottom part is well ventilated.

B) Changed the transmit power to "low" in router setting for 2.4GHz and 5 GHz both.

this causes another issue, signal power is very low(-70dBm) in another room (25 feet far) from outer and changing it to high brings it back to -55 dBm.

Other than this issue, router and features  are over all good at the price range !!!

@TP-link or @others in the community, pls help 

I am thinking to keep it few more days and check before returning  back to store !!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP LINK AX3000 Heats up a lot - super hot
2020-09-19 10:28:06

@TPISSUE 

I think this is the reason why they quietly removed wpa3 and one mesh support, the router will probably melt if it had those extra features enabled. laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1068

Replies: 1