Archer AC750 remote access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 06:30:39
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I'm having troubles setting up a remote access point to my AC750 wireless dualband 4g LTE Router.

I configured a working no-ip address within http://flybox.home which properly sends the address from the sim card I'm using to create the network.

My issue is that I'm unable to configure this router to access remotely with this no-ip address. I've properly forwarded the ports ( I've tried 80:80 and 8081:80), however, it never resolves. I've even tried setting up a second IP with this router and forwarded that address instead, but to no avail.

Is there any specific configuration, gateaway or some parameter I need to configure to access this router through the no-ip?
Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AC750 remote access
2020-09-25 12:20:43
Not sure what FlyBox is. Does it require port forwarding? I have to use port forwarding to connect to my security DVR using no-ip for a remote connection. When setting up the app on my iPad, I use the no-ip address xxxxx.ddns.net (xxxx is the name selected) and the port number that the DVR is assigned to use. In the router, I set an address reservation to have the DVR's MAC address to always be assigned a specific internal IP address. Then in the virtual servers section, I assign the DVR's port numbers (it uses four ports) to the selected internal IP address. You may need to use UPnP. After making router changes, power cycle the router and the device. Also use a different port for port than 80 for port forwarding.
Options
Re:Archer AC750 remote access
2020-09-25 17:16:40

@ACM_91 

I think the issue may be related to the carriers IP network. I believe even though you get an IP from the carrier, that may still be an "internal" IP address. I would reach out to your carrier and see what they may say in regard to accessing an internal device remotely using their carrier network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 2