SSID to ensure seamless roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 14:21:13
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am an access point virgin. I have not hooked up my EAP225 I just purchased yet because I have read and read so much about correctly using of SSID's for the EAP225 and still not sure. To ensure seamless wifi in my house do I use the same SSID that my router has? Same password? If so, is there other programming changes required to do this? I have a Motorola 1771 modem/router (due to Xfinity phone service needed). Or do I use the default SSID that comes with the EAP225? Not a large one story house but wifi strength is poor in the backyard/deck/pool area. New house so I had the cat 5 run to a back bedroom close to the deck. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:SSID to ensure seamless roaming
2020-09-29 00:47:42

@RLPatton 

So when using AP you actually want to disable the main wireless on the router or gateway.  This is so that its Wireless AP does not interfere with the EAP225's wireless.  The seamless portion for the SSID in the EAP225 comes from its software Mesh option.  This allows you to seamlessly mesh EAP225 amd EAP225-outdoors together to create one single network in your environment.  What you could do is have the EAP225 setup in the home and then Mesh a EAP225-Outdoor for your backyard.  

If you need more details please pose your question to our business team as they will be more knowledgeable about our business products like the EAP225 than we at the home team are.  https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/1 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 948

Replies: 1