T9E no longer links to my LG OLED tv

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-28 21:35:16
Model: Archer T9E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Until recently my custom built desktop PC, with a T9E PCI adapter, will no longer connect to my LG tv. My tv is located in the next room, and it was connecting flawlessly until recently. My computer did upgrade to Windows 10, 20H!, version 2004, and I also changed to a Logitech K800 keyboard, and a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse, all blue tooth. Every time I try to connect to my TV, I can momentarily hear the sound mute on the tv in the next room, but the connection doesn't hold. I can generate a wireless adapter report, and email it (It's foreign language to me). 

Options
4 Reply
Re:T9E no longer links to my LG OLED tv
2020-09-28 21:50:16

@geronimo 

What are you trying to accomplish and how exactly are you using the Archer T9E?  Are you connecting both your TV and Computer to a router or are you trying to do an Ad-Hoc connection between the two Devices?

Options
2020-09-28 22:41:18 - last edited 2020-09-28 22:44:22

@geronimo 

I custom built my pc, and the Gigabyte motherboard didn't have wifi. I added the Archer T9E so I could wirelessly view movies, photographs,etc on my big screen tv. I didnt want to drill a hole in the wall for HDMI access. As I stated before, the wireless linked flawlessly, until recently. What I'm trying to accomplish, is to restore the wireless link. My tv and computer are both registered on my modem network

Options
2020-09-30 01:11:08

@geronimo 

Microsoft decided to eliminate Miracast from Windows 10, version 2004. My Archer T9E depended on Miracast as a wireless conduit to my TV. Miracast has been superseeded in Windopws 10, version 2004, by the app " Wireless Display", which can be installed as an optional application. 

Options
2020-10-03 20:57:49

@geronimo  The Archer T9E needs an updated driver for Windows 10 version 2004, that will reestablish the adapter's ability to link with smart tv's. My laptop, that has native wifi, casts to my tv flawlessly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 4

Related Articles