This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multiple issues with AX6000
Model: Archer AX6000
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)
Having two separate issues with the AX6000:
- 'Cannot connect to [SSID]' error
- Periodically (~2-3x/wk) seeing a 'cannot connect to [SSID]' error on a number of Apple devices (Macbook Pro 16", iPhone 11 Pro, etc). Once this occurs, nothing will get the Wifi to connect except fully restarting the computer (or power off/on for the iPhones). I've tried turning the Wifi off/on, repetitively manually selecting the SSID; only fully rebooting devices will restore connectivity. I'm not sure if somethign similar is happening to non-Apple devices
- Have never had this issue with previous router which leads me to believe this is some kind of firmware bug in the router, but I will also add that Apple recently did send out a software update (can't remember if it was Mac-only, iOS-only, or both) with something about fixing a potential issue with wifi connectivity in the release notes. Despite installing this update, still having the same issue intermittently.
- Periodic loss of internet connection
- Periodically (~2-3x/wk) losing internet connection (but not wifi connection) on all devices connected to the network for about 2-4 minutes; this self-resolves after a few minutes. I'm using fios and Verizon insists that they conducted a line test and nothing is wrong. During these episodes, the router's status page does indicate that it has lost internet / WAN connection. I would normally trust that indicator and argue with Verizon to try to get them to send someone out, however a) I never had a single issue with the fios connectivity using my previous router, and b) this router's firmware has been extremely buggy (the above issue as well as another one with devices not able to communicate with each other across 2.4ghz/5ghz bands which has now thankfully been resolved).
Hoping that these can be addressed in a future firmware update / curious if others have experienced the same!