Connected to WiFi, Not connected to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-25 15:09:38
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My current router was installed May 2020.  I have recently received the following message on my 2 Fire Sticks and Roku TV "Connected to WiFi Not connected to Internet".  All other devices (i.e. iPhones, iPads, Desktop, Echos) work fine, only the TVs.  I am able to watch various apps on my TVs when I connect them to my iPad.

I have reset my modem, routers, and TVs multiple times with no luck.  My ISP provider came out and checked my modem and lines noting no issues.  They  said I should contact my router support. 

I contacted TP support and after going through multiple resets I had gone through before TP support said the problem was with the TVs and I should contact the TV manufacturers.  I can't believe it is TV related since 3 different TV brands are involved.  

Also, when the ISP technician was here we were able to connect a TV using his phone as a hot spot.  

Before I reset my router to factory specifications or buy a new router I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.  Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connected to WiFi, Not connected to Internet
2020-10-25 19:58:00
Try deleting (forget) the network on the Firesticks and then add the network back. You can also try different WIFI channels and WIFI widths.
Options
Re:Connected to WiFi, Not connected to Internet
2020-10-27 15:33:04

@Buckeyes 

Other things I would also try is to enable the guest network and test that connection.

If there is still no internet, try assigning DNS addresses to the devices. 

When connecting back to the wireless network select Advanced:

You would then configure the network settings to something like:

IP Address: 192.168.0.50

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS 1: 8.8.8.8

DNS 2: 8.8.4.4

The second device would have an IP of 192.168.0.51, everything else the same, the third device would be 192.168.0.52.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 2

Related Articles