Archer C60, WPA2-PSK (AES), on all the time or not?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-01 13:22:38
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer C60(EU) 1.0 (2016-08-11)

Hi, can anyone help me to understand why is it that although I have configured my Archer C60 like you see here:

I can see a result like this:

with a program (LinSSID) that is showing the wifi infos of other networks (and mine also) around me.

Looks like Archer C60 is using TKIP after all although I have marked the AES to be used.

Is it because in C60 there is no security choice of WPA2-PSK only?

On the other hand the C60 user manual lets me understand that if you choose enryption "AES" the C60 should use only that.

Thank you (who ever you are) in advance,

Hospitaler

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C60, WPA2-PSK (AES), on all the time or not?
2020-11-02 16:19:48

@Hospitaler I have the same problem with Archer C59.  AES is selected but I get a iOS14 security issue stating TKIP is not considered secure.  This needs to be addressed for C60 AND C59 units.  tp-link has not addressed the problem.

Options
2020-11-02 17:55:07

@Kevy Hi, thank you for your reply. I am starting to think that us (the normal users like me) have laptops and desktops that are ready for the latest innovations like WPA3.

But - the routers that are sold to us are already outdated as new :(

Let´s wait for the TP-Link´s answer.

Best regards,

Hospitaler

P.S.

F.Y.I. you TP-Link guys that I am using:

- HP EliteBook 8560p

- Linux Mint 20 Ulyana

- Wifi adapter: TP-Link T2U Plus (USB driver: rtl88XXau)

- in HP: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] (driver: iwlwifi)

P.P.S.

An update to Archer C60´s (and to Kevy´s C59) firmware would be nice... :)

Options
2021-01-22 09:57:28

@Hospitaler This has now been sorted via a firmware update. I had the exact same problem and I eventually contacted tp-link via their online chat. It was advanced to their senior engineers, who emailed me a link to sort this problem:

http://kb.tp-link.com:8080/s/5dLYTsiBPHJ8L5o

I can confirm that my Archer C60 V2 is now running with AES and there are no more reported problems of weak security on my iphone :)

Simon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1161

Replies: 3