Archer A8 has no "virtual server" for forwarding ports.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 01:21:02
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.5 Build 200330 Rel.54851n(5553)

All of the directions to forward ports on this TP routers require the use of a setting called Virtual Server. However, the Archer A8 has no such feature, and there is no documentation on how to do this correctly. I normally do not look to posting in forums, but there is an excessive amount of information on how to set up every other router except for this model. I simply need to set up a few ports to attempt to solve Xbox One port problems for a couple games. There are additional settings under non-virtual port forwarding that need configuring, but I'm at a loss for searching the web for this info.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A8 has no "virtual server" for forwarding ports.
2020-11-05 04:21:41

@SplitFX I enabled IPv6 and was able to open NAT on the Xbox. I am still getting Roblox errors on certain games, so I am guessing that there is a more technical problem causing the game to spit an error code. I was not able to forward ports through the Archer A8 router in a functional way.

• Manual IP entering
  • forwarding all the ports to the same internal and external port numbers
  • enabling DMZ...something
  • enabling UPnP

I tried everything separately while carefully power cycling on each change, and carefully checked all the settings. Nothing fixed the issue. After several hours and a Google-PHD in port forwarding. I give up.

Options
Re:Archer A8 has no "virtual server" for forwarding ports.
2020-11-05 22:31:02

@SplitFX 

Please try this FAQ

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1558

Replies: 2

Related Articles