Wisp mode for hotel stay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wisp mode for hotel stay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wisp mode for hotel stay
Wisp mode for hotel stay
2020-11-05 09:24:50
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Trying to beat the clock on the next day shipping for my amazon order.  I'm on the fence with the TP link archer A5 and the tenda ac1200   I know the tenda supports wisp mode. That's where we can connect to the network without being tied down with a wire, that's my understanding of it anyways.   I do want to know if I can create my own network like I can with my TP-link WR802.  I just have way to many devices I have to run and it looks like I'm gonna be in a hotel a long ways from home for awhile.   Any help would be appreciated I'm also trying to play multiplayer games so the 300mps just is not enough unless I turn my router into client mode and change the password so no one else is one it.   

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wisp mode for hotel stay
2020-11-05 20:13:40

@Duckedup 

The only products on the Homeside that can connect to a Wireless WISP network are the TL-WR802N and the TL-WR902AC.  Other than those our rotuers do require a physical connection to the source of internet.  If the hotel has a wired port i would suggest that as hotel wifi is notriously laggy. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181

Replies: 1