Blue Blinking light

Blue Blinking light

Blue Blinking light
Blue Blinking light
2020-11-08 17:31:07 - last edited 2022-07-22 08:32:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Verison 2.312

Why does the blue light on the Deco M5 Mesh router keep blinking on my third unit after completing setup?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Blue Blinking light-Solution
2022-07-22 08:32:27 - last edited 2022-07-22 08:32:32

@donbilla 

Update:

Normally, the blue Blinking light means Deco is ready for setup. For more details, please refer to this link:

How do I set up my Deco?

What can I do if I failed to set up Deco?

While, if the device has been set up successfully already but the Deco is still blue blinking, please help me check the following information:

1. Please check on the Deco APP whether this Deco is online or not.

2. Connect a laptop to this Deco and check whether you are able to get internet service.

If everything seems ok but the blue blinking light is always glowing, please contact us, and do remember to add the Forum ID 235864.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Blue Blinking light
2020-11-09 21:49:07

@donbilla 

If the Deco blinks blue or pulses blue then it is ready for setup. So if you just finished setup, something may be wrong. After setup, the Deco should be solid green. 

If the Deco app still does not show that node in questions, reset it by holding the reset button for 1 second, then move it near the main Deco, then set it up again.

Options
2021-02-16 16:58:32

@donbilla  I have the same issue, after reset the m5 ,  and re-setup successfully as a satellite with the app (by putting it next to the main deco) but it's still flashing blue led 

Options
2021-02-17 19:25:57

@dinh 

Go into the "more" section of the Deco app and update the firmware you may have an older version. Once that is done, hold the reset button again, and then add it.

Options
2021-07-26 10:47:08

@Tony I have already exchange the other delcos but the problem still exists, now for 24 hours. 

Options
Re:Blue Blinking light-Solution
2022-07-22 08:32:27 - last edited 2022-07-22 08:32:32

@donbilla 

Update:

Normally, the blue Blinking light means Deco is ready for setup. For more details, please refer to this link:

How do I set up my Deco?

What can I do if I failed to set up Deco?

While, if the device has been set up successfully already but the Deco is still blue blinking, please help me check the following information:

1. Please check on the Deco APP whether this Deco is online or not.

2. Connect a laptop to this Deco and check whether you are able to get internet service.

If everything seems ok but the blue blinking light is always glowing, please contact us, and do remember to add the Forum ID 235864.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-11-12 20:46:53

donbilla wrote

Why does the blue light on the Deco M5 Mesh router keep blinking on my third unit after completing setup?

@donbilla 

Options
2023-04-02 14:03:52

@David-TP blinking blue light. I have rebooted,moved it and connected directly to modem still blinking 

Options
2023-07-06 15:00:11

@Johnm107 

I have the same issue. My satellite Deco is blinking blue - even after reset, trying to move it to Main, doing a full network reset and even plugging it to a laptop using ethernet.

TP link support simply said that it is out of warranty and they cannot help :(

Options
2023-07-07 02:12:09

@AmishB 

Hi, welcome to the community.

After reset, Deco would get into set up mode so that the LED is blinking blue which is expected.

While the issue sympathized here is that Deco is online and working well to provide internet service, the LED is still blinking blue which is not right and it should be solid green. It is very likely there is an issue with the LED indication of Deco.

According to the ticket record made by the support, your issue did not seem like the one mentioned above. If the engineer thought the product might be defective, we would love to provide a replacement for the user if the device is still under warranty. In your case, the SN is out of two years warranty but the ticket record mentioned you bought the product about a year ago. so if you are able to provide the receipt or purchasing record, I am sure the engineer will help you process the warranty service.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-23 01:52:31

@David-TP  Hi David, 

I have been having a similar issue too. Light flashing blue, try to setup after reset, but the wifi connection keeps dropping out and won't let me set up in the app. Any help ?

Options