Windows 10- Connect to Deco but NO INTERNET, all other devices connect fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 02:22:06
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

My laptop (Windows 10), connected  to internet on our new Deco AX1800 Mesh wi-fi fine yesterday.  Today all household devices continue to connect well; however my laptop connects without internet today. All deocs are online.    All other household devices are working well with the deco internet connection. I am unable to connect to internet while connected to the deco mesh wi-fi system, but can connect to internet when I use the service provider's wifi router in lieu of the Deco mesh wifi.  

Options
5 Reply
Re:Windows 10- Connect to Deco but NO INTERNET, all other devices connect fine
2020-11-17 22:11:57

@KLP 

Forget the saved network on the laptop and reconnect. If you still get a message of no internet, assign a static IP address along with assigning DNS servers.

Options
2021-08-04 06:34:18 - last edited 2021-08-04 06:49:00

@KLP I faced the same issue. Spent half day to follow many advice but at last, I plug the pc directly via the Ethernet port and the wifi just can connect to the internet! Don't know why. 

Options
2021-11-17 20:48:21

@KLP I know your question was asked over a year ago, but I had this same issue today with my brand-new Deco system.  All of my devices connect without issue to the wifi except one Windows 10 laptop.  I tried lots of different things suggested by people on these sites (disabling fast routing, etc. etc. etc.) and nothing worked.

Finally I found someone who had a solution that worked perfectly for me... changing the IP address of my computer's Wireless Network Adapter (via properties accessed in the Network & Internet Settings) from being dynamically (automatically) assigned to being manually assigned.  You can get the IP range and DNS Server information from the Advanced tab in the Deco app and then just type it into the properties of the computer's adapter settings.

Options
2021-11-18 03:16:47
Thanks!
Options
2021-11-18 09:00:45

@Chaiyatatoo 

Hi, I am quite curious and did you fix the laptop issues per kmullinax's suggestion as well?

Thank you very much. 

Options