Archer AX11000 - Google home devices connectivity issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 21:39:05
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595

Router model: TP-Link Archer AX11000

Latest FW version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595

This issue has been really discounting the user experience on the connected Google devices. Router setup with all 3 bands enabled within different SSID, no guest network, and have a total of close to 40 devices connected all time. Most of the smart switches and lights and connected to the 2.4GHz band and about 10ish google devices (home mini/max, nest hub max, thermostat, outdoor cams, doorbell, yale lock) spread evenly across 2.4G/5G-1/5G-2 bands. My Google home app are not able to connect to all Google home devices no matter which band my phone is connected to, and prompts my phone to connect to Wifi to Cast which I'm obviously connected to my wifi. Connectitivy on all the Google home devices are fine as they all can work individually, but lack of Google home app discovery means I can not modify the setups and cast video/play spotify thru my phone. I believe this is a router or router setup issue as everytime I reset/reboot the router and modem, it will work for a day and then stopped working again. 

Any one have similar experience and can share the resolution? Love this router at the begining but the google home devices connection issue has been bugging me a lot lately. Will all the Google home device being on the one 5G band be any help?

Thanks in advance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 - Google home devices connectivity issue
2020-11-24 19:29:21

@zonewifi 

Try going to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, change the version to WPA2-PSK, and encryption to AES for all bands. Another setting to look at is going "Additional Settings" on the left menu, and making sure AP Isolation is disabled.

Options
2021-06-30 08:14:17

@zonewifi 

I have same problem with my AX1500 router and Google nest mini connection. I tried suggested action and it's not working.

Options
2021-08-29 06:43:32

yeah i have the same issue with AX5400 also. 

i emailed support, they gave me a BETA firmware for it, seems to be stable for a while. but if i ever disable IPv6, then google home wont connect at all...

dont understand why with WiFi standard in place, there's still issues so often

Options
2021-09-01 06:07:15

@devalian 

Is the model Archer AX73? Who is your ISP, please? Does your ISP provide an IPv6 connection, and you cannot connect google home devices to the network if IPv6 is disabled on the AX73?

Have you tried Tony's previous suggestions, such as changing the wireless channels, and disable AP Isolation on the router?

Options
2021-09-01 06:10:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. i actually logged a ticket before, the support did help to carry out the wireless settings configuration. disable everything and still have issue, so i was given a beta firmware, then google home mini connects very well without issue, even with all the wireless features enabled except AP isolation. 

only thing is, i couldnt disable IPv6. My ISP does support IPv6, most of my browsing happens via ipv6 now. just that ISP IPv6 doesnt seems very stable, intermittently the website take forever to load. so i tried disabled IPv6 on AX73 router, restarted it. but after restarted AX73, the google home mini just saying unable to connect to internet, change wifi n try again. 

Options
2021-09-02 03:13:12

@devalian 

May I know who is your ISP? Are you willing to debug this issue with the support engineers again? If yes, they will be happy to contact you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2053

Replies: 6

Related Articles