RE650 in access-point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 08:24:02
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am currently using our RE650 as an extender, extending our 2.4 and 5G signals from the router.  I am considering running ethernet from our router to the RE650 and convert it to access-point mode in order to greatly boost the strengh of the wifi signal.   After reviewing the configuration steps in the user guide, I do not see how to select the channel and encryption for the wireless signals coming out of the RE650.   The only option I see is to specify the SSID and password.    Are the channel and encryption method defaulted or is there a way that is not covered in the user guide?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650 in access-point mode
2020-11-27 20:33:33 - last edited 2020-11-27 20:34:21

@Tailspin  Access the web interface for the unit. Once logged in you'll see, in the upper right corner, mode - once you select this two option appear - extender or access point. Select access point - the unit will reboot - once rebooted follow the prompts to complete setting up access point mode ( it will use the existing SSID from the extender settings) - once access point is setup you are able to change security, channel width, channel mode etc. make the changes you desire and hit save. The above instructions are contained in the user manual as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1154

Replies: 1

Related Articles