Setting up Two AX routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 12:59:04
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently upgraded to a TP AX3000 wireless router, from a TP AX1500 and want to use my TP AX1500 router as a extender or repeater.  My question is can I hook up my AX3000 base router to use my previous AX1500 router as an extender / repeater ,  so that it doesn't go to waste?   If i can , where would I look to  make the necessary hook up between these to TP AX  routersss.  Thank in advance for your input.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up Two AX routers
2020-12-03 14:16:19

@setdhook 

I found a link on the proposed hook up between the route and proposed extender router, my questions are:  does the route router have to stay hooked up while setting up the extender router?  If so,  then where will the hard wire to the extender come from?  Maybe on of the ports on lan ports on the  route router??  Thanks in advance for your help and patients with these questionts

Options
2020-12-03 19:04:31

@setdhook 

There does not appear to be a WDS Bridge option for the AX1500 so you will need to run an Ethernet cable from the AX3000 to the AX1500.

You will not need to do anything to the AX3000, but connect an Ethernet cable from one of its LAN ports, and run the Ethernet cable to the WAN or Internet port of the AX1500. Log into the AX1500, and go to Advanced > System > Operating Mode, Select Access Point Mode. The AX1500 will then reboot, and get a new IP from the AX3000. You can look at the DHCP client list of the AX3000 to see what the IP is or you can download Tether (smartphone app), connect to the Wi-Fi, and log into it that way to change the wireless settings.

Options
2020-12-04 00:12:12

@Tony  Thank You Tony, I'll give it a try

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1115

Replies: 3